6.4 HW TOEFL Independent Writing: Choose a University Major [Timed!] Copy
Independent Writing Task
|Universities offer a wide range of majors and minors to choose from. What major would you choose and why? Provide reasons and examples to explain your choice.|
Step 1. Think about your future major: follow the advice from the video and consider the following:
- what you’re good at
- what you’re passionate about
- what pays well
Step 2. Find what overlaps with what you’re good at, what people would pay you to do with what you’re passionate about.
Step 3. Write at least 250-word essay using the plan below:
- Introduction: introduce the field you chose to talk about.
- Explain why you’re good at it: give a reason and specific examples that illustrate your reasons.
- Explain why you’re passionate about it: give a reason and specific examples that illustrate your reasons.
- Explain why people pay well for it: give a reason and specific examples (e.g. numbers) that illustrate your reasons.
- Conclusion: summarize and paraphrase your reasons in about 3-4 sentences.
Please rotate your phone
or switch to PC (recommended)
for better experience
0 of 1 questions completed
You have already completed the workout before. Hence you can not start it again.
Workout is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the workout.
You must first complete the following:
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Please write your essay response here. You have 30 min to complete your essay.
Grading can be reviewed and adjusted.Grading can be reviewed and adjusted.
This response will be reviewed and graded after submission.