1.1 HW: Vocabulary Practice Copy
Please complete these tasks to review the vocabulary of the lesson and learn more about celebrations in different countries.
Please rotate your phone
or switch to PC (recommended)
for better experience
0 of 3 questions completed
You have already completed the workout before. Hence you can not start it again.
Workout is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the workout.
You must first complete the following:
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Task 1. Celebrations – Unscramble the words.
Example: asrgmaird – Mardi Gras
- maschtris –
- wehaenllo –
- yeanerw –
- thvinganksgi –
- steaer –
- cebrtleaion –
- coumest –
- racdetoion –
- nteve –
- irfework –
- hegatr –
- adpare –
- ditrational –
Task 3. Put these expressions in the sentences. Use the correct form.
To make special food
To have fun
To have a party
To wear a special costume
To spend time with one’s family
- Let’s and invite all our friends!
- Why do you like Halloween? – Because I can ! I can be Batman or Freddie Krueger.
- My grandma always for Easter. She cooks very well!
- How do you want to celebrate this New Year? – I don’t want to do anything special, I just want .
- Tonight I want to go to a restaurant and . I don’t want to cook.
Task 2. Complete the sentences with these words:
traditions / costumes/ celebrate / Thanksgiving / parades / giftsCorrectIncorrect