“Are you looking to ace your next English exam? Do you want to make sure your English skills are top-notch? Look no further than Globamba.com!
Globamba.com is an AI-powered educational platform that provides assistance for English learning, international exams like TOEFL, IELTS, GRE, GMAT, ACT, and SAT preparation. We have the resources to help you get admitted into the university of your choice abroad!
But before you can take any of these exams, it is important to master the most commonly used words. To help you prepare, we’ve put together a list of the top 25 words you should know for each exam.
Let’s start with the TOEFL exam. The top 25 words you should know for this exam are:
1. Abstain: To choose not to do something.
2. Adept: Skilled and experienced at doing something.
3. Admonish: To caution or reprimand someone.
4. Ameliorate: To make something better or more bearable.
5. Apostate: Someone who has abandoned their religious faith.
6. Ardor: Great enthusiasm or passion.
7. Bemused: To be confused or perplexed.
8. Boorish: Lacking in manners and refinement.
9. Brevity: Shortness of duration.
10. Construe: To interpret or explain something.
11. Contrite: Feeling regret or remorse.
12. Culpable: Deserving blame or punishment.
13. Discern: To perceive or recognize something.
14. Disparage: To criticize or belittle something.
15. Egregious: Outstandingly bad.
16. Erroneous: Incorrect or misleading.
17. Exacerbate: To make something worse.
18. Fervent: Showing great emotion or zeal.
19. Frugal: Careful with money.
20. Glib: Easily speaking without thought.
21. Imbue: To influence or inspire something.
22. Incredulous: Skeptical or disbelieving.
23. Intransigent: Unwilling to change opinion.
24. Obtuse: Not sharp or clear.
25. Proclivity: A natural inclination or preference.
These words are essential for success on the TOEFL exam. We have plenty of other free resources to help you prepare for the TOEFL and IELTS exams. So come on over to Globamba.com and see how we can help you get admitted to the university abroad!