Smart English Upper-Intermediate
BLOCK 1: LIFE GOALSWelcome to Block 1: Life Goals3 Topics
1.1 Life Goals6 Workouts
1.1 Classwork Task 3a – Choose the odd one
1.1 HW Reading: Match the beginning of each sentence with its ending
1.1 HW Reading: Choose opposites
1.1 HW Writing: Complete the sentences with the words given
1.1 HW Writing: Agree or disagree [Teacher Scoring Required]
1.1 HW Video-based: Can you boost your creativity?
- 1.1 Classwork Task 3a – Choose the odd one
1.2 Life Coaching7 Workouts
1.2 Classwork Task 2c – Complete the gaps
1.2 Classwork Task 3a – Classify the sentences
1.2 Classwork Task 4b – Complete the sentences
1.2 HW Writing: Make sentences in Present Perfect and Present Perfect Continuous
1.2 HW Writing: Complete the sentences with the correct form of the verb
1.2 HW Writing: Make Future Perfect sentences
1.2 HW Video-based: Working Out
- 1.2 Classwork Task 2c – Complete the gaps
1.3 Writing a Letter to your Future Self2 Workouts
1.4 Procrastination – Cause and Effect Discourse6 Workouts
1.4 Classwork Task 2 – Match the words to the meanings
1.4 HW Vocabulary review 1 – Match the parts to create collocations
1.4 HW Vocabulary review 2 – Construct your own sentences [Teacher Scoring Required]
1.4 HW Grammar review 1 – Complete the gaps
1.4 HW Grammar review 2 – Write sentences [Teacher Scoring Required]
1.4 HW Speaking response
- 1.4 Classwork Task 2 – Match the words to the meanings
1.5 Final Project Preparation and Review4 Workouts
1.6 Final Project Presentation2 Workouts
1.6 HW Video-based: Family History Made Simple
Please complete these exercises to develop your listening skills and learn more about family.
Step 1: Review the form below. Watch the video and write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS OR/AND A NUMBER for each answer. Take the words directly from the video.
Please rotate your phone
or switch to PC (recommended)
for better experience
0 of 1 questions completed
You have already completed the workout before. Hence you can not start it again.
Workout is loading…
You must sign in or sign up to start the workout.
You must first complete the following:
Time has elapsed
You have reached 0 of 0 point(s), (0)
Earned Point(s): 0 of 0, (0)
0 Essay(s) Pending (Possible Point(s): 0)
Question 1 of 1
Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS OR/AND A NUMBER for each answer. Take the words directly from the video.
Ways to recollect your family history:
1. Looking through the (1) and (2) in library archives;
2. Searching for (3) and other historical trivia around the world.
3. Use internet to access (4) with digital copies of the documents;
4. Have a chat with (5) ;
5. Examine old stuff that is preserved in your (6) .
Reasons to recollect your family history:
1. Learning about (7) with exciting life story;
2. Discovering similarities between you and your ancestors, e. g. the (8) or the sense of humor;
3. Finding (9) , e. g. big ears;
4. Obtain a sense of (10) and (11) to your family;